Tips in Cuba:
1- Safe in Cuba
– Cuba is one of the safest countries in the world where you can enjoy and visit places with the greatest peace of mind since you do not have danger.
– Just do not show large sums of money or luxury items as this can be dangerous anywhere in the world.
– Do not buy tobacco, rum or other things if its are not sell you in shopping stores or shopping centers.
2- Bring to Cuba
– Cuba is a tropical country, since we recommend you to bring light or cotton clothes. Only bring in the winter months (December, January, February and March) some sweater or coat for the nights.
– Do not consume drugs this can be punishable by law. In Cuba, drugs are prohibited.
– We recommend you to check the laws of the Customs of Cuba if you carry in your luggage some unusual object since there are some regulations. Visit Official website of the customs of Cuba.
3- Money in Cuba
– Exchange money in Cuba:
. The convertible currency in Cuba (CUC)
. National Currency (CUP)
-The American dollar has a 10% tax in Cuba where approximately US $ 1 will be exchanged for 0.87 CUC, so we recommend you travel to Cuba with Euros or other currencies.
-In Cuba you will not find ATMs to extract money from your credit cards in many places, only in Hotels, exchange Houses or some shopping centers.
-Some credit or debit cards issued by American banks are not allowed in Cuba, so we recommend traveling to Cuba with cash.
4- Electrical :
The electrical is 110 volts and 60 Hz, there is also 220 volt and 60 Hz current, and adapters for sockets with round spikes. The TV signals are from the norm NTSC (American).
5- Health in Cuba :
Health in Cuba is one of the best in Latin America. All the hotels have guaranteed primary medical assistance, in the main cities and tourist destinations are clinics and international pharmacies, where you can receive specialized assistance or buy medicines. In Cuba not is frecuently existence of contagious viruses or epidemics, there are cures or medicines at very low prices accessible in pharmacy.
It is very common for foreigners to contract indigestion, stomach pains, diarrhea and dehydration due to don´t drink bottled water, is recommended to buy bottled water in stores.
Any person who enters the country as a tourist must have travel insurance with medical coverage. Medical Insurance in Cuba
. When you arrive to your hotel in Varadero, many persons will try to sell you excursions similar to ours by others agencies, the transfer service of the others agencies are in Bus where you will be accompanied by 15 to 25 people and the service of pick up is 30 to 45 minutes due to the delay in the different hotels. With UnderwaterCuba you will receive quality service as you and your family will transfer to the tour in a private car and an instructor available to guide you. Check our reviews!
. We recommend you when you stay in Varadero, contact to our instructors, to re-confirm your reservation, information and about the weather and conditions of the sea.
. In case the of the sea are not in good conditions to do Snorkeling or Diving activities, you can cancel the tour or choose one of these options:
1- Bellamar Caves + Saturn Cave ($ 55 per person and if 3 or more people would be $ 50 per person).
(Excellent touristic center with a beautiful underground cave with beautiful views and inside it has formations of stalactites and stalacmites).
2- Excursion to Saturn Cave 35 CUC each
– If you have any problem for assist to our reservation please contact our instructors as soon as possible, they will attend you at any time. If you do not cancel your reservation and you do not assist, you could affects us since we rent a private car for to provide you a quality service.